As human beings, we are constantly changing and evolving into better versions of ourselves- it's inevitable, and it goes without saying that the beginning of a new year is seen as a fresh start and a time to develop for many. Now that the summer holidays and year are very much on their way in, I thought it may be interesting to reflect on some of the goals I set myself at the beginning of 2017 and see the things I've learnt so far this year. Intrigued? Scroll down and stick around!
1. There's nothing wrong with the way you look, and don't let anybody tell you differently!
2. Sometimes, it's okay to be selfish and just do what's best for you- after all, we only have a limited number of years on this planet, so should you waste the time being unhappy?
3. There's nothing better you can do in your spare time than educating yourself (beyond your homework, that is...)- whether it be a good old TED Talk video, immersing yourself in a book or starting an online course.
4. It's easy to become pressured to change yourself: your style, your makeup, even your blog photos... but you should always remain true to yourself and do what makes you happy. What's the point in living for other people and their opinions when you only have one life yourself?
5. If people in your life aren't doing you any good, just cut them out- who has time for toxic friendships/relationships?
6. No harm ever comes out of a social media detox- if anything, you always come back feeling refreshed and ready to focus!
7. Stop focusing on the negative and how "unfair" your life is, there's good to come out of every situation and everything happens for a reason- so stop moaning, get off Twitter and do something to help yourself out!
8. Never say anything you'll regret further down the line in an argument
9. Avoid drama like you would getting lipstick on your teeth- it's not healthy, it's not positive and it almost always comes back to bite you. Don't get involved in others' arguments and if one of your own happens, don't say anything you'll regret, aim to resolve it or ignore it.
10. You really don't need to leave the house caked in foundation and glittery eyeshadow every day- it's just not necessary!
11. The Law of Attraction, that's something I've aimed to learn about this year and I can easily say it's revolutionised my life- no joke! If you don't know what it is, look it up and try it- better still, should I do a post about this?
12. Never let brands take advantage of you, your blog and the platform you've created yourself; don't sit at a computer screen for hours tirelessly typing if you're not getting anything back from the brand.
13. & the previous point leads into this one, know your self-worth and don't take shit from anybody that you don't deserve!
14. You only get out what you put in, don't expect to put in zero effort and feel entitled to receive the world!
15. Don't be pressured to label yourself as anything- just do your own thing and go with the flow!
16. You don't need to take Instagram so seriously- who said you always need to post at 8pm and have a brilliant caption?
17. ... and most of all, there's still plenty of room left to learn- but don't be afraid of it, look forward to growing older and wiser!